June 01, 2010

Great Rides and New Things

After having so many great days to ride, sometimes getting finished up just before the big rains, today I am just catching up.

With all the mowing, yesterday I was able to sneak in mowing of the 'jump' field, or a major part of it, so that we could use it today, but it rained all night and all morning, so tomorrow I'll get to ride Harry there.

Saturday and Sunday, I was able to ride out around the perimeter of the farm, on the dirt road, which was exciting for Harry. He was really well behaved until we saw a deer streaking across the newly emerging corn field. He was pretty good, considering it only took a few seconds for me to redirect him and remind him that we were just going to continue our ride. We took a turn up and down the alfalfa field on the path we are able to use, and the hills are good for him. As I reminded him on the first time down the hill, at the bottom, there were some irregular areas, and please pick up your feet, when he decided he wanted to bobble in the dust. I had to laugh at him, and from then on, he marched along and paid attention.

Later Sunday I delivered my new inventory to the Gift Shop, and had a great Panini, compliments of Andre, the chef.

I worked on adding new items to my Ruby Plaza shop, six pairs of great new Sterling Silver earrings, hammered and formed. I made the earring hooks as well. The top pair are my favorites, I called them 'Half Pass'.

New Sterling earrings for my Ruby Plaza shop
http://www.rubyplaza.com/shops/capriciouscrowns998

Now I have to return to my studio and finish all the blanket repairs for delivery.

Today I finished up a new earring stand out of 6 gauge copper wire. It will be a great addition to my photos, because I can hang the earrings on the rod, so that it will give a more natural view of how the earrings will look when worn. It was quite a bit of work to get it to stand and hold the rod, and since I am a fan of the Arts and Crafts era, I hammered out leaves on the ends of the rod and the holders. I had to anneal the rod several times, because it was very thick, and it took quite a bit of hammering to make the leaves, turn them, stamp them, and turn the base and hammer that. Here are photos of the start and finish of the stand.

Copper Stand Rods after annealing.

Top of Copper stand for displaying earrings.

Left side of stand.

Right side of stand.

Finished Stand.

1 comment: