January 26, 2009

Week Six - Jan 20th - Jan. 26th



You know, I've never been very involved with the phases of the moon, or astrology, but my friend Joannie Detlefsen has shown me credible evidence that there are things that can be explained and understood during phases and whether the planets have an effect on our circumstances. Certainly Friday the 23rd was solid evidence of this. Harry has never been so out of sorts. A quiet and kind horse, his mood changed so dramatically that I probably would have been better off not having taken him to the farrier, but I did.

Mercury is in retrograde. The Universe is dishing out new ideas. This is the time when it affects Transportation AND Communication. (remember the flub up during the Inauguration?). I'm sure the astrologers around the world had a good chuckle over that.

Today (Jan. 26th), we are having a solar eclipse, and we are going into the crescent moon, and things will start to solidify. By Saturday (my new date for my trip to So. Pines), things will be less chaotic. The power of our success will come with the new moon, and for the next two weeks be flowing towards the full moon. By the time I leave here (around the 7th or so), I should be in a safe, healthy and good place.

Is this really the state of things? Certainly the photos I took of those horrid storm clouds made an impression on me to take them, and had I investigated further, would have known that the 16th would have been a health disaster for me. For whatever reason, I may not be totally entrenched in astrology or understand it as thoroughly as I'd like, but I certainly will not rule it out.

THANK YOU JOAN!!!



Tues. 20th, day off - making plans to go to So. Pines, NC for job interview.
Wed. 21st - 5 hours, preg. mare down to main barn.
clear boarders stall so BL can install hemp base in there which is all rippled and damp.
Thurs. 22nd - 6 hours, turn out cleaned all stalls, Mare's paddock took one hour to clean.
Frid. 23rd - 4 hours. Farrier appt. insisted upon 2 new shoes one size larger. never mentioned in 3 calls that there would be a discount for cash of substantial amount. Harry very scared and nervous, too much electricity and trash and discord at place. Harry got called pig several times and elbowed in the ribs two times. Refused to reset back shoes. Said his back hurt, Admonished for not having full set of x-rays for Harry, Thinks Harry is still foundered. Ended up with flat keg shoes, no bevel, no crease, no rims, one size larger,
Sat. 24th called Zach and Ursula. 4.5 hours, cleaned paddock and stalls raked, 4 bales, very windy and cold again after so warm Friday.
Sunday. 25th 4 hours, horses in at night no hay in upper barn, used mare's. BL late to bring in horses and everyone was racing around.
Mon. 26th - 4 hours. Vet here. Horses were frantic because BL started moving horses all around to different barns. All horses in over night at 34 deg. (Sat. night it was 19 and they were out). Water, hay feed, turn out upper barn, hay door open, exposed and disconnected ground wire inside pasture of morgans, with top board off and nails showing. Dandy finally had supplements after 3 days 0 them. Rat droppings in both feed rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment